Digital Driver Model DM556
The DM556 is a versatile fully digital stepping driver based on a DSP with advanced control algorithm. The DM556 is the next generation of digital stepping motor controls. It brings a unique level of system smoothness, providing optimum torque and nulls mid-range instabilities. Motor self-test and parameter auto-setup technology offers optimum responses with different motors and makes it easy to use. The driven motors can run with much smaller noise, generate less heat, and move smoother than most other drivers on the market. Its unique features make the DM556 an ideal solution for applications that require low-speed smoothness.
Compared to the DM442, the DM556 provides a large voltage range and higher output current to able to drive a larger variety of stepper motors. Furthermore, the DSP of the DM556 is capable of driving the motors at higher speeds (above 3000 RPM) offering servo-like performance.
- Anti-Resonance, provides optimum torque and nulls mid-range instabilities
- Supply voltage up to +50 VDC (recommended not to exceed 45 V because of “back EMF”)
- Output current programmable, from 0.5 A to 5.6 A
- Automatic idle-current reduction (in standstill mode) to reduce motor heating; function switchable (reduction rate can besoftware configured)
- Motor self-test and parameter auto-setup technology, offers optimum responses with different motors
- Pulse input frequency up to 200 kHz
- TTL compatible and optically isolated input
- Multi-Stepping allows a low resolution step input to produce a higher microstep output for smooth system performance
- Microstep resolutions programmable, from full-step to 102,400 steps/rev
- Suitable for 2-phase and 4-phase motors
- Support PUL/DIR and CW/CCW modes
- Over-voltage, over-current, phase-error protections